Thankful Thursday: Grandma (Gigi)


Gigi is my niece's name for my grandmother (her great-grandmother). In Vietnamese, she's my
bà ngoại. Mother of my mother.

I'll keep this short and simple. Maybe I'm feeling super sentimental because I had lunch with my grandma and one of her sisters today, and their friend. I would like to dedicate this edition to Diana.

gratitude to my grandmother
How cute is she? 
Light, patterned blouses with neck collars and 3/4 sleeves
Khaki pants and camel-brown open-toed shoes
We've swapped shoes before
My cheeks burnt slightly wearing padded shoes at a museum
Man, do I not look cool.
You eyed me curiously, but I wore them anyway.
You're my bà ngoại after all.

Petite. Resilient. Hair is always done curled.
I remember when my sister-in-law came to visit
and you rushed to get your hair presentable.
You enjoy the small things in life,
Korean dramas day and night.
Raw vegetables and herbal tea.

I enjoy our weekly meet and eat.
With you, with your sister,
Who reminds me of my younger sister.
One day, we will grow old and be neighbors,
Just like you and your sister.

Thanks for always being patient with me
And for supporting even when you disagree
You've helped shaped me into the person I am today
I channel your patience and wisdom when I'm lost.

How about you? Can you think of a role model that you had when you were growing up? Who was it, and what'd you admire the most about them? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments