A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS: POSTCARDS

postcards can stoke the fire within us.

"muse-ception"

 I love postcards. Everything about them.

The act of browsing the displays at a stationery store.

Anticipating that moment of stepping into a museum gift shop:

the quiet thrill of a museum within a museum. muse-ception.

 

Eyes, mind, and heart savoring every letter, shape, and color,

Neatly framed within a 4x6: organized chaos.

Scrutinizing the best one for the intended recipients:

sometimes friend, sometimes family, mostly me.

 

Postcards are remnants of a slower time:

snail mail. handwritten. hand delivered.

They shorten the distance between family

And deepen connections among friends.

 

A postcard, a journey, a destination, a story:

I miss you. I love you. I wish you were here.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Space                                  and life is finite.

 

Postcards have a way of evoking a sense of special-ness:

special to make, look at, give, receive.

Someone out there is thinking of you:

friend, universe, good orderly direction | god.

 

Hidden forces lie dormant within its fibers: Excalibur.

The words, the image, the lines, the colors.

Extracting The One can change your life forever.

if you let it. 

"You are pure and you come from a star." said the serpent.

**

I hope you enjoyed reading my poem about postcards. 

I read Jack London's words at an impressionable age of 20-23. It really got my fire going. Fire for life that is. 

Whenever I feel complacency setting in, this postcard finds its way back into my life. 

Now, it's displayed as an affirmation by our living room mirror (where there's a higher frequency of us seeing this). 

What's your view on postcards? Has one ever inspired you to take action in your life? Do you have or use a type of vision board? 

No matter how big or small, tell me about your experience in the comments below. 

Comments